At Arbutus we have a vision: to cure chronic Hepatitis B virus (HBV). We have a dedicated and innovative team and we are uniquely positioned to transform the HBV treatment landscape. We are developing a portfolio of drug candidates with multiple mechanisms of action that we believe will result in a combination therapy to cure HBV.
If you are looking to join a team with a proven track record in drug discovery and development, and are as passionate as we are, we want to hear from you.
About the role:
The Director, Information Technology (IT) will be a hands-on senior leader responsible for the information technology infrastructure and security within Arbutus. This position will be located in our Warminster, Pennsylvania office.
- Managing Arbutus’ IT department and outsourced resources.
- Leading IT elements of organizational transformation and business integration.
- Developing effective relationships with vendors to deliver business objectives while continuously assessing vendor partnership, contribution, and viability. Reviewing, monitoring, and driving vendor performance to meet the agreed targets.
- Reviewing, assessing, authorizing, and prioritizing improvement initiatives. The performance of internal or external service providers is continually measured and improvements are made to processes, services and infrastructure in order to increase efficiency, performance, and cost effectiveness.
- Ensuring IT services are maintained, and undergo continuous service improvements to ensure that business needs are met on an ongoing basis.
- Developing, managing and owning IT plans and budgets appropriate to business needs including technology purchases, IT services.
- Driving communications to senior management on IT initiatives and projects, performance against planned objectives and budgets, technology changes and advancements, security issues, and associated impact on expenses.
- Direct the IT department in planning, scoping, execution, and reporting of IT SOX compliance by performing periodic risk assessments, prioritizing initiatives and determining resource needs.
- Maintaining and administering server room operations including network architecture, voice and data infrastructure, telecommunications, and the creation and maintenance of new server accounts.
- Maintaining company telecommunications systems, assigning extensions and allocation of telephone equipment. Troubleshoots telecommunication systems in the event of failures and/or deficiencies.
- Maintaining the company’s electronic assets, the inventory of software licensing, various computer system user accounts and assisting in other administrative tasks as needed.
- Writing documents within scope of knowledge, including SOP’s, work instructions and presentations.
- Supporting regulatory compliance, including computer systems validation according to 21 CFR Part 11 and supporting SOX 404 compliance and testing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree and a minimum of 10 years’ experience in biotech/high tech, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- IT Certifications a definite asset
- A hands-on leader with a proven ability to lead and develop a high-performing team
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policies
- Extensive experience managing Windows Server 2003 to 2016 environments
- Microsoft Office 365 experience, particularly with Azure AD, Exchange Online and SharePoint Online
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP LAN and WAN Networking architecture and management
- Extensive experience with planning and managing IT security policies, procedures and systems
- Hands-on experience with VMware VCenter
- Hands-on experience managing network equipment from popular vendors like Cisco, Cisco Meraki, Junipter, Dell and HP
- Experienced at leading a Helpdesk environment with a focus on quality service and the use of effective solutions like imaging machines
- Business Continuity (DR, Backups, Archiving) architecture and management experience
- Enterprise Endpoint security architecture and management experience with leading vendors like Sophos, Symantec, Carbon Black and CrowdStrike
- Experience managing Public cloud apps in a secure manner via technologies like Two factor authentication, encryption and Single Sign On
- Experience managing mobile devices through solutions like Airwatch and Intune
- Pharmaceutical system validation experience and experience working within a laboratory setting
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise a high level of diplomacy, tact and discretion when working with information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature
- Excellent interpersonal skills: mature with a proven ability to work well with others throughout a diverse organization
- Ability to work to manage deadlines and prioritize effectively, while maintaining flexibility
About your Application:
At Arbutus we value diversity and encourage applications from all qualified candidates.
We greatly appreciate your interest in being a part of our team; however, because of the volume of resumes received, we are only able to contact you should you be considered for a position. We will keep your resume in our database for one year, and contact you should a position that matches your skills become available.