Arbutus Biopharma is seeking an enthusiastic, creative, and highly motivated Associate to join the DMPK team at our US headquarters in Warminster, PA. The Associate will perform hands-on laboratory research in the execution of DMPK assays for the identification of novel small molecules to treat HBV. The successful candidate must have comprehensive knowledge of Drug Discovery and DMPK/ADME. The Associate will work in close collaboration with the DMPK and Chemistry teams and contract research organizations that are also supporting DMPK functions. The Associate reports to the Sr. Director, DMPK.
• Performs assays focused on elucidating the DMPK properties of small molecule compounds, including the procurement of supplies and reagents required to perform them.
• Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), documents actions and deviations, records observations and results in electronic notebooks and digital lab management systems.
• Provides input for improvement and optimization of assays, procedures, and SOPs.
• Analyzes, interprets, and summarizes scientific datasets in different formats, including written reports and summary presentations.
• Assists in the drafting of studies conducted in support of regulatory submissions.
• Other duties as assigned.
• A bachelor’s degree in Pharmacokinetics, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or a related discipline with 3-5 years’ experience performing DMPK assessments, e.g., microsomal stability, CYP inhibition, protein binding, and PK studies.
• Knowledge of DMPK/ADME, biotransformation, drug-drug interaction assessments, and related PKPD aspects of drug discovery.
• Required to be highly organized, efficient, and detail oriented.
• Ability to manage deadlines and prioritize effectively, while being able to balance some flexibility towards achieving the established goals
• Ability to work independently
• Excellent verbal presentation and communication skills required
• Good understanding of current FDA guidelines as they pertain to DMPK.