At Arbutus, we have a vision: to cure chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV). We have a dedicated and innovative team and we are uniquely positioned to transform the HBV treatment landscape. We are developing a portfolio of drug candidates with multiple mechanisms of action that we believe will result in a combination therapy to cure HBV. Arbutus Biopharma has offices and research facilities in Burnaby, Canada and Doylestown, Pennsylvania.
About the role:
Arbutus has an opportunity for an Executive Assistant, Research to join our team in Warminster, Pennsylvania. Providing executive and general administrative support to our growing team, the Executive Assistant, Research will “wear many hats” and will have an opportunity to get involved in a breadth of office management and administrative functions. If you want to use your amazing organizational, interpersonal and computer skills to support a passionate and dedicated team, we want to hear from you.
Responsibilities will include:
• Provide day to day executive administrative support to the Chief Scientific Officer, SVP, Business Development and Commercial Strategy and other leaders as required
• Proactive Executive calendar management
• Liaise with representatives of other organizations on behalf of Executives
• Manage confidential information with discretion; exercise independent judgment relating to a variety of administrative and corporate matters
• Organize and coordinate internal and external meetings and events, including travel arrangements such as booking flights, hotel and transportation
• Prepare various documents (including compilation of signatures and execution) and presentations; maintain up-to-date contact information
• Develop, implement and/or improve local administrative and office services procedures and practices
• Create and maintain various files, ensuring original and working copies are collected and filed, and stored appropriately on the network
• Prepare expense reports for executives and other senior leaders as required
• Word processing of various documents, processing documents and database entry, photocopying, scanning and compilation work
• Handle various administrative responsibilities for the office, including:
o making courier arrangements
o processing incoming/outgoing mail and ensuring sufficient postage supplies
o ordering and maintaining an inventory of stationery, office and kitchen supplies
o ensuring meetings rooms are set up and cleaned up before and after meetings; ordering catering as necessary
• Other related duties as assigned
• High school graduate with a minimum 5 years in an executive administrative capacity, preferably in a dynamic, high growth environment; college degree preferred
• Ability to exercise a high level of diplomacy, tact and discretion when working with information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature
• Able to exercise sound judgment with respect to matters of significance
• Excellent interpersonal skills: mature with a proven ability to work well with others throughout the organization
• Advanced MS Office skills including Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to edit and format documents
• Ability to work to manage deadlines and prioritize effectively, while maintaining flexibility
• Strong attention to detail and extremely organized
• Flexible and customer service oriented; willing to pitch in wherever needed to support a busy office
About your Application:
At Arbutus we value diversity and encourage applications from all qualified candidates.
We greatly appreciate your interest in being a part of our team; however, because of the volume of resumes we receive, we are only able to contact you should you be considered for a position. We will keep your resume in our database for one year, and contact you should a position that matches your skills become available.