Scientist or Research Associate, DMPK
Arbutus Biopharma is searching for an enthusiastic, creative, and highly motivated addition to our Drug Metabolism & Pharmacokinetic (DMPK) team. The employee will actively contribute to the effective application and integration of ADME (adsorption distribution metabolism & elimination) and pharmacokinetic studies that support our discovery efforts to cure HBV.
Responsibilities will include:
· Intellectually contributing to the preclinical drug discovery strategy and provides feedback and recommendations.
· Designing and performing DMPK studies including in vitro metabolic stability, P450 inhibition and induction, in vivo pharmacokinetics / ADME, and drug interaction studies.
· Reviewing and summarizing results, integrating ADME, PK, and PK/PD information that guide multi-disciplinary team efforts in lead optimization and to facilitate selection of development candidates.
· Delivering on established DMPK research goals and objectives.
· Effectively presenting results at project team meetings.
· Working with CROs to meet project needs
· Working in a matrixed team environment and fosters a spirit of cooperation and teamwork
· Ph.D. with a minimum of two (2) years at the Scientist level or a BSc with four-plus (4+) years of experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology company for the Associate level is required
· Graduate or undergraduate degree is from an accredited institution in biology, biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, or related scientific discipline
· Proficient knowledge and hands-on experience with DMPK assays that are routinely applied in drug discovery and drug development (i.e., preclinical pharmacokinetics, PK/PD relationships, metabolism, bioanalysis, and in vitro and in vivo techniques applying these concepts)
· Quantitative and qualitative experience with LC-MS/MS, in vitro and in vivo biotransformation, and human PK and drug interaction predictions is desirable
· Proven problem-solving ability
· Ability to manage deadlines and prioritize effectively
· Solid knowledge in developing and troubleshooting assay methods
· Excellent verbal presentation and communication skills
· Mature and proven ability to work independently or collaboratively as required
Your application was submitted successfully.